Hussey de Burgh notes Rev. H.W. Crofton as the owner of over 700 acres in county Cork in the 1870s while his representatives are described as owning over 1000 acres around the same time. Much of his estate was inherited from the Earbery family. He was among the principal lessors in the parish of Ballyfeard, barony of Kinalea, Clondrohid, barony of West Muskerry and
Aghabulloge and Donaghmore, barony of East Muskerry, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In 1869, Almost 800 acres of his Kinalea estate was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court in 1869. The sale notice indicates that Rev.Crofton had acquired leasehold interests originally vested in the Daunt family from the Earl of Shannon's estate at the end of the seventeenth century. Reverend Henry William Crofton of Inchinappa, county Wicklow, was the third son of Sir Hugh Crofton of Mohill, county Leitrim. He married as his first wife Marcia Anastasia Earbery youngest daughter and co heir of Mathias Earbery Member of Parliament for Lanesborough. The 1876 return of Landowners of one acre and over records Henry Morgan Earbery Crofton of Dublin as the owner of 5,809 acres in county Cork.