Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Home of the Browne family in the 18th and 19th centuries, occupied by John Browne in 1814, by W.G. Browne in 1837 and still his residence in the 1870s. In the early 1850s the house was valued at £46 and was held in fee. St George G. Browne was resident in 1906. Coolcour was burnt in July 1921, just before the end of the War of Independence, when it was the residence of Richard C. Williams, a hotel owner in Macroom. It was rebuilt and now functions as a guest house, see http://www.coolcowerhouse.ie/
|Coolcour||Macroom||Macroom||Macloneigh 226||West Muskerry||Cork||
W352 710 Discovery map #79. OS Sheet #71.
Rockborough was the home of T. Mitchel Browne in 1837. Situated on the Hedges estate it was occupied by John G. Browne in the early 1850s, when it was valued at £25. In 1944 the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted that it had formerly belonged to the Brownes but was then the home of the Twomey family. This property is still extant.
|Rockborough||Macroom||Macroom||Macloneigh 226||West Muskerry||Cork||
W318 725 Discovery map #79. OS Sheet #70.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links