Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Shannonvale House & Mill
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, the Misses Newman were leasing this property to T. & J. Allen, The house was valued at £25 and the mill at £225. Lewis records it as the seat of T. Allin in 1837. The mills afterwards became the property of the Bennett family and later of the Rank company and continued in business until 1963. The house is still extant. In 1786 Wilson refers to a house in this area as "Mount-Shannon, the seat of Dr. Calnan".
|Grillagh||Kilnagross||Clonakilty||Clonakilty rural 45||East Carbery (East)||Cork||
W392443 Discovery map #86. OS Sheet #122.
Ballyvackey House was held in fee by Mrs. Ellen Alleyn at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £11. In the late 1770s and 1780s it was occupied by the Allen family. It is not shown on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890 and is no longer extant.
|Ballyvackey||Kilkerranmore||Clonakilty||Cooleraheen||Ibane & Barryroe||Cork||
W346417 Discovery map #89. OS Sheet #135.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links