W.T. Piele of St John's Wood Park, Hampstead, is recorded as owning 1,669 acres in county Limerick in the 1870s. The Reverend Thomas Williamson Peile (1806-1882), Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge and Head Master of Repton School (1841-1854), bought part of the Russell estate in the parish of Kilfergus, barony of Shanid, county Limerick. This estate was advertised for sale in 1850 by the representative of Philip Russell. In 1906 the Reverend Thomas W. Peile is recorded as holding over 3 acres of untenanted land at Tullyleague in the parish of Kilfergus.