Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Nicholas Monckton of Liskennet made his will in 1721. Patrick Heffernan lived at Liskennet in 1814 and Roger Sheehy circa 1840. In the 1850s the house was ccupied by Francis S. Walker, valued at £15+ and held from John Anster, Trinity College Dublin and Ellen Heffernan. The sale rental of the Walker/Anster estate in 1873 refers to Lots 1 and 2 as formerly part of the estate of Michael Heffernan of Camas. By the 1870s Liskennet was in the possession of the Conyers family. The old stable block is still extant but the house is a modern structure.
|Liskennet East||Ballingarry||Croom||Coolrus 12||Connello Upper||Limerick||
R487 359 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #38.
Brian de Breffny writes that the back section of Kilmore House is part of the 17th century house built by the Moncktons. The front part was built by the Tuthills in the mid 18th century. George Tuthill purchased the house from Edward Monckton in 1737. The Tuthills had previously held it on lease. Occupied by Thomas Lynch in 1814 and by Colonel William Jones in the early 1850s, when the property was held from Elizabeth Tuthill and valued at £15. In 1906 Kilmore was the residence of Anne Isabel O'Grady. This house is still extant and occupied.
|Kilmore Demesne||Ballingarry||Croom||Coolrus 12||Connello Upper||Limerick||
R495 351 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #38.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links