Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In the early 1850 John O'Meagher occupied a steward's house at Garraun which he held from - Stratford. The buildings were valued at £12+. A farming enterprise is still located at this site.
S165 340 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #69.
In 1786 Ballintogher is referred to by Wilson as the seat of Mr. Strafford. Afterwards it was a Crawford property, occupied in 1814 by John Crawford. George Langford of Ballintogher House was the third son of Richard Coplen Langford who, in 1784, married Catherine Cooper Crawford of Fermoyle. In 1828, George married Maria, daughter of the Reverend Henry Bayly of Bayley's Farm, county Tipperary. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to the house as "the residence of Attorney Langford". By the time of Griffith's Valuation George Langford held Ballintogher and 236 acres in fee. The house was valued at £20. A building is still located at this site.
|Lahesseragh||Nenagh||Nenagh||Nenagh Rural 88||Upper Ormond||Tipperary||
R855 772 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #20.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links