Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Originally known as Mount Morgell and the home of the Morgell family in the 18th century. The residence of the Lloyd family in the 19th century, held in fee and valued at £32 in the 1850s. Seat of Gen.F.Lloyd in 1894. Recorded as the property of Major Langford in 1944 (ITA). Now a stud and racing stable run by the McNamara family.
|Beechmount Demesne||Rathkeale||Rathkeale||Rathkeale Rural 130||Connello Lower||Limerick||
R377 417 Discovery map #64. OS Sheet #29.
Hajba writes that the Morgans [Morgells] had an interest in this house through marriage with the Sullivans. Occupied by John Sullivan in 1814 and partly rebuilt by William Sullivan in the 1830s. Occupied by William Sullivan in the early 1850s and held from the representatives of Crosbie Morgel, when it was valued at £15.15 shillings. Acquired by James Lynch at the end of the 19th century and restored by the present owners.
R368 185 Discovery map #72. OS Sheet #6.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links