Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
At the time of Griffith's Valuation this house was occupied by Martin Roche who held it from the Commissioners of Woods and Forests. It was valued at £14. It later became the home of Nicholas Dunscombe. A house remains at this site though modern housing development has taken place nearby.
R152 038 Discovery map #72. OS Sheet #21.
A model farm was located in this townland in the mid 19th century, held by the Commissioners of Woods and Forests from the Crown. The buildings were valued at £20. In the 1940 the Irish Tourist Association Survey stated that this property had been occupied by Michael Bryan, who was Clerk of Works for the building of the village and that the Dunscombe family had also lived there at times. By the 1940s it had become the property of the O'Connell family. Parts of this complex are still extant.
|Glencollins Lower||Nohavaldaly||Kanturk||Williamstown 158||Duhallow||Cork||
R163 034 Discovery map #72. OS Sheet #21.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links