Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
This house was originally known as Nashville and was the home of the family of that name in the 18th century. Wilson refers to it as Nashville, the seat of Mr. Nash, in 1786. It passed by marriage to the Leader family. Nicholas P. Leader occupied the house in 1814. It was still known as Nashville in 1837 but is marked on the first Ordnance Survey map as Rosnalee. Valued at £51 at the time of Griffith's Valuation it was held by William Leader in fee and he had a flour mill nearby valued at £45. The Leaders still occupied this house in 1921. In 1943 the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted it as having been the chief seat of the Leaders, a two-storey spacious structure which was then unoccupied. It is no longer extant.
W365 992 Discovery map #79. OS Sheet #31.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links