Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A late 18th century house on the Purcell estate, the home of the Collins family in the early 19th century. Occupied by Daniel Bastable in the mid 19th century and held from William Collins. The buildings were valued at £14+. The house was still in Bastable ownership in 1906.
R387 017 Discovery map #72. OS Sheet #23.
Part of this house appears to date from the early 18th century. It belonged to the Verling family, whose interest eventually became vested in the Johnson family. The Reverend Richard Purcell was the tenant in the latter part of the 18th century and Wilson refers to it as his seat in 1786. It was occupied in 1814 by Garret Nagle and by the early 1830s the Hoares were resident. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Mrs Mary Anne Hoare was the occupier, holding the property from Noble Johnson. The buildings were valued at £32. Mrs Hoare was the widow of Reverend Thomas Hoare who was a brother of Sir Joseph Wallis Hoare, 3rd Baronet. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Association Survey asserted that the front part had been constructed in the early nineteenth century but that other parts were much older. It was then the residence of E.J. Hoare and it was still occupied by members of the Hoare family in the 1950s but is now demolished.
R689 024 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #26.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links