Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Burke's Landed Gentry of Ireland (1904) traces the Ross family of Dunmoyle from the Mann family of Byblox in the first half of the 18th century. Hajba writes that the original house was occupied by the Langley family in the 18th century. At the end of that century Roger Langley leased Byblox to Robert Fennel Crone who built a new house to replace the original which had been accidentally burnt. It was valued at £70 in the mid 19th century. The descendants of Robert F. Crone, including members of the Croker family, inhabited this six bay, three-storied house until the beginning of the 20th century when it was bought by the Morrogh Bernards. In the 1940s the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted that the house was then in the possession of Mrs. Drake Brockman but it was unoccupied with John Roche acting as agent. Byblox was demolished in the 1960s.
R594 078 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #17.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links