Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A Barry property from the late 18th century passing through the female line to the Harold/Harold-Barry family. The house was valued at £34 at the time of Griffith's Valuation and was held in fee. In the 1940s the Irish Tourist Association Survey outlined details of the family's history in the area and the existence of a soup kitchen there during the Famine. The Harold-Barrys still live at Ballyvonare.
R581 127 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #17.
Ballyellis was occupied by Edmund Barry in 1814 and by Henry Langley at the time of Griffith's Valuation. H. Langley held the property from James Barry and the buildings were valued at £12. It later came into the possession of the Harold Barry family and members of the family were still resident at Ballyellis at the beginning of the 21st century.
R570 088 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #17.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links