In the early 1760s the Dundas family purchased an estate in counties Roscommon and Sligo from the King family, Earls of Kingston. Richard Underwood was the agent in the 1760s. By 1793 the Dundas estate amounted to 2,892 acres in county Roscommon and 17,244 acres in county Sligo. A large part of the estate was offered for sale in 1809. Thomas Faris was agent in the early 19th century. In the mid nineteenth century the Dundas estate in Sligo was centred on the parish of Kilmactranny close to the border with county Roscommon. The family are also recorded as lessors in the nearby parish of Boyle at the time of Griffith's Valuation. At the time of the first Ordnance Survey the townland of Granny in the parish of Estersnow, barony of Boyle, was noted as part of the Dundas estate. In 1857 the land agents Stewart and Kincaid compiled a report on the estate of the Earl of Zetland in counties Roscommon and Sligo. The Dundas family are not recorded as owners in Roscommon in the 1870s.
National Archives of Ireland:
Solicitors' papers including abstracts of title, legal papers, maps, wills, re the Dundas estate in Cos Sligo and Roscommon, 1618-1809. Private Accessions No. 1146/1