Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The county Limerick seat of the Coote family in the 18th and 19th centuries. Wilson refers to it as "the pleasant seat of Mr. Coote" in 1786. It was occupied by Chidley Coote in 1814. Lewis refers to it as the former seat of Chidley Coote in 1837. Charles Coote was resident at the time of Griffith's Valuation and held the property in fee. The buildings were valued at £53. Their value had increased to £65 by 1906. The Irish Tourist Association surveyor wrote in 1943 that the house was bought by Sir Gilbert Greenall, who became 1st Lord Daresbury, who spent about £200,000 setting up a Model Farm. [Lord Daresbury also owned Clonshire]. Following his death three years previously it was sold and then run as a stud farm. Bence Jones writes that this house was demolished circa 1960 and a new house built in the Georgian style.
R628 275 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #48.
A house located on the Coote estate, occupied by Thomas Weldon in 1837 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the buildings were valued at £20. John H. Weldon of Riversfield owned 68 acres in county Limerick in the 1870s. Occupied by Mr and Mrs Watt in 1943. It is still extant.
R633 263 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #48.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links