Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Richard Wood was leasing a property valued at £14 at Carrowbrickeen, barony of Tireragh, from the representatives of Arthur Cooper. Lewis records Seafort House as a residence of the Wood family in 1837. In 1814 it was the seat of Richard Wood. McTernan notes that Seafort House was demolished in the twentieth century and a modern house stands at the site.
|Carrowbrickeen||Skreen||Dromore West||Toberpatrick East 29||Tireragh||Sligo||
G572345 Discovery map #25. OS Sheet #13.
In 1786 Wilson refers to Grange as the seat of Mr. Jones. It is possible that he is referring to the house then at Grangemore, in the parish of Templeboy. By the time of Griffith's Valuation, this townland was part of the estate of William Phibbs and the house, occupied by Thomas McKim, was valued at £3. McTernan writes that in the mid-17th century, this property had been known as Curhow and was owned by Theophilus Jones. It was subsequently sublet to the Wood family and purchased by Phibbs from the Cooper of Coopershill estate in the 1790s. The original house continued in McKim possession until the 1870s when it passed to the Dennison family who later built a new house on the property. In the 1900s it was acquired by Archibald McGregor and later in the twentieth century by the Boyd family. A house is still extant at the site.
|Grangemore||Templeboy||Dromore West||Templeboy North 27||Tireragh||Sligo||
G469318 Discovery map #24. OS Sheet #18.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links