Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A house occupied by Michael Shine at the time of Griffith's Valuation and held from the representatives of M. Honan, valued at £28, with a demesne of 343 acres. Though buildings survive at the site they appear to be in a derelict condition.
R626 540 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #14.
A residence of the Greene family in the 18th century and noted by Wilson as the seat of Mr. Greene in 1786. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to this house as the seat of Mr James Shine, rebuilt in 1829 at a cost of £900. Occupied by James Shine in the early 1850s and held from the representatives of Frederick Lloyd. The buildings were valued at £26. Jeremiah Shine of Ballymacreese owned 79 acres in the county in the 1870s. The house is still extant and well-maintained.
R635 493 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #14.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links