Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Church Hill House
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Rev. Henry Denny was leasing Church Hill from Sir Edward Denny when it was valued at £27. According to Bary the house was in the hands of the Denny family for much of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries until it passed to the Neligans, possibly in the 1880s. In 1906 it was owned by William Neligan and valued at £27. It is still extant and occupied.
Q756169 Discovery map #71. OS Sheet #28.
Edward Denny was leasing this property to William J. Neligan at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £18 Lewis refers to it as the seat of Barry Collins while Oyster Lodge was the residence of Mr.Neligan in 1837. IIn the 1830s, the Ordnance Survey Field Name Books mention Oyster Hall as the seat of Daniel Supple but originally built by George Rowan in 1804. In 1814, Leet refers to Oyster Hall as the residence of George Rowan. Bary states that Oyster Hall was orginally built by the Rowans but was associated with the Neligans by the middle of the nineteenth century. It is no longer extant.
Q765151 Discovery map #71. OS Sheet #28.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links