Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In 1786 Wilson refers to Lough-Gur as the seat of Henry Baylee. This house was ccupied by John "Boylie" in 1814 and by Miss Bailie in 1837. In the early 1850s William Evans was resident. He held the house valued at £11 from the Count De Salis. It was adjacent to the remains of a tower house known as Bouchier's Castle. The property at this site is labelled "Lough Gur Farm" on the 25-inch map of the 1890s. The book edited by Mary Carbery, "The Farm by Lough Gur", published in 1937, contains a description of the Baylee property at Loughgur. The original Bayley house is no longer extant.
R647 410 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #32.
Leet records Grange-Hill as the residence of Edward Croker in 1814. Edward John Croker was resident at the time of the first Ordnance Survey. It was a residence of the Count De Salis at the time Griffith's Valuation. The Count held it in fee and the buildings were valued at £27. The Count was still the occupier of Grange in 1906. Owned by Colonel and Mrs Galloway in 1942. The house is now known as Loughgur.
R636 413 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #32.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links