Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Seaview or Doonecoy
The Hillas family seem to have occupied the house at Carrowmacrory since the eighteenth century as McTernan notes that it was built by Robert Hillas who was High Sheriff of Sligo in 1772. Mrs. Esther Hillas was occupying the house, valued at £25, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In 1906 it was the property of Robert G. Hillas and was valued at £23. The house was eventually sold in 1955 to the O'Beirne family by whom it is still owned.
|Carrowmacrory||Skreen||Dromore West||Templeboy North 27||Tireragh||Sligo||
G462336 Discovery map #24. OS Sheet #12.
Cuffe House or Camcuil
Camcuill townland was part of Peter Niddrie's estate at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The house with highest value was that of Edward Larrinan, leasing a property valued at £3 from Peter Niddrie. McTernan states that the house had originally belonged to the Brownes and later the Jones family of Fortland. In 1874 the sale notice referring to the Niddrie estate mentions Camcuill as "a comfortable dwelling house with extensive offices, recently erected". In 1906 a house in this townland is recorded as the property of the representatives of Grace Niddrie.
|Camcuill||Kilmacshalgan||Dromore West||Buncorwey 17||Tireragh||Sligo||
G397324 Discovery map #24. OS Sheet #11.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links