Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Denis Lawlor was leasing Grenagh House from Henry Herbert’s estate at the time of Griffith’s Valuation when it was valued at £23 15s. Lewis mentions Grena as the seat of John O’Connell in 1837. The Ordnance Survey Name Books indicate that it was built by Mrs. Delaney in 1792. Bary states that O’Connell was obliged to leave the house due to debts. It then came into the possession of Denis Shine Lawlor and later again, Daniel James. It was afterwards the property of the O'Connor family but has been ruinous since the mid twentieth century.
V887915 Discovery map #78. OS Sheet #65.
George Gunn was leasing this property to Henry Hilliard at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £22 10s. Lewis recorded Tubrid as the seat of J. O'Connell.The Ordnance Survey Name Books indicate that this townland was owned by John O'Connell of Grenagh, Killarney and that John Sullivan of Tubrid was his agent in the 1830s. The house was occupied by Capt. Henry Hilliard at that time. In 1814, Leet noted the house as the seat of Townsend Gunn. Bary states that Tubrid House was built by the Crosbie family in the mid-eighteenth century and resided in by several generations of that family. The late eighteenth century owner, John G. Crosbie, was involved in a duel in which Sir Barry Denny was killed. A year later Crosbie himself died in mysterious circumstances. The house afterwards was owned by the Gunn and Hewson families. It is no longer extant.
|Tubrid More||Ardfert||Tralee||Tubrid 136||Clanmaurice||Kerry||
Q809211 Discovery map #71. OS Sheet #21.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links