Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
At the time of Griffith's Valuation the house at Dromore was the property of John Fenton and was valued at £15. Both Leet in 1814 and Lewis in 1837 also record it as a residence of the Fenton family. In 1864 Thomas Fenton offered it for sale in the Landed Estates Court. The house was occupied at the time by Jas. McMunn, MD. In 1906 the house at Dromore was valued at £16 and was the property of William Browne Loughead.
|Dromore||Kilmacshalgan||Dromore West||Dromore 18||Tireragh||Sligo||
G418337 Discovery map #24. OS Sheet #12.
Rockbrook was originally a Phibbs property. It later came into the possession of Abraham Martin of Cleveragh who leased it to the Cogan family and later to the Lougheed estate. It was occupied by John Lougheed at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £3. Johnston states that the estate was divided by the Land Commission in the 1920s and that the house was sold by Mrs. Lougheed in 1938. It burnt down in 1945 and only the ruins remain today.
G760218 Discovery map #25. OS Sheet #27.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links