Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Oakport was the home of the Reverend William French, fourth son of John French of French Park, in the early 18th century. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Oakport House, the property of Thomas William Goff, is recorded as "unoccupied". A house is still extant at the site.
|Oakport Demesne||Ardcarn||Boyle||Oakport 35||Boyle||Roscommon||
G879037 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #6.
Birchfield was the residence of Cornelius O'Brien in 1814 and in 1837. Lewis also refers to the erecting of an ornamental building in castellated style for the accommodation of visitors on the top of the cliffs [of Moher] by Cornelius O'Brien. The house was valued at £50 at the time of Griffith's Valuation. By the mid 1870s Birchfield belonged to Cornelius Alexander Keogh. It is now a ruin.
R050 895 Discovery map #57. OS Sheet #14.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links