Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
This 3 storied house was the seat of the Reverend Thomas Westropp, rector of Ardcanny, built by him [his father?] in 1797. It was occupied by H. Potter esquire in 1837 and by Peter W. Morgan at the time of Griffith's Valuation who held it in fee with a demesne of 98 acres. Valued at £11.10 shillings in 1906 and occupied by Sarah E. M. Westropp. Still extant and occupied.
R426 538 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #11.
Leet records the Reverend Edward Carleton as resident at Bride-town, Rathcormack. E. Morgan was the proprietor in 1837 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation, holding the property in fee. The buildings were valued at £42. Bence Jones writes that the Morgans sold the property in the second half of the 19th century having been ruined by the gambling of Lady Louisa Morgan, known as "Unlimited Loo". Later the home of the Lindsay and Horgan families and still occupied.
W737 892 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #44.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links