Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In 1786 Wilson refers to this house at "Innistymond" as the seat of Edward O'Brien. Lewis writes in 1837 that Ennistymon Castle was originally a seat of the O'Brien family, descendants of the Earls of Thomond, but was then the residence of Andrew Finucane. By the time of Griffith's Valuation it had passed into Macnamara possession. The O'Brien, Finucane and Macnamara families had all intermarried. The house was valued at £28 in the mid 19th century and held by Captain Francis Macnamara in fee. It remained in Macnamara ownership until the mid 20th century and has been a hotel for many years. The hotel was the property of Mr Brendan O'Regan in the 1940s.
R127 885 Discovery map #57. OS Sheet #15.
Weir writes that in 1722 Francis Gore leased Lifford to Richard England. Patrick England was High Sheriff of the county in 1749. In 1786 Wilson refers to Lifford as the seat of Mr. England. By the early 19th century the Right Honourable Matthias Finucane was resident at Lifford House. Honoria Slattery, the common law wife, of Andrew Finucane, son of Matthias, occupied the house at the time of Griffith's Valuation. It was valued at £20 and was held from Sir Richard England. Weir writes that the house was demolished in 1965.
|Lifford||Drumcliff||Ennis||Ennis Rural 26||Islands||Clare||
R342 786 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #33.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links