Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
16th century tower house, "in ruins" at the time of the first Ordnance Survey. The castle, herd's house and 96 acres were in the possession of the Reverend William Ashworth in the mid 19th century, who held them from a Caswell. A mansion house valued at £13 was in the possession of Count James Considine in 1906. The castle was bought by John Hunt in the mid 1960s and was the first home of the Hunt Museum.
|Craggaunowen||Quin||Tulla||Dangan 143||Bunratty Upper||Clare||
R465 736 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #43.
The home of the Considine family in the 19th and 20th centuries and formerly of the Heffernan family. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the house was valued at £40 and held in fee. Bence Jones writes that this house was sold in 1971.
|Derk||Grean||Tipperary No 2||Templebredon 148||Coonagh||Limerick||
R771 423 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #24.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links