Charles Paulet Bolton was an excise officer in county Clare in the late 18th century. Griffith's Valuation records Charles P. Bolton holding land in the parish of Kilmurry, barony of Ibrickan, as did Henry Bolton. Charles Bolton also held land in the parish of Kilshanny, barony of Corcomroe. In July 1866 the estate of Charles Paulet Bolton, amounting to 1,372 acres in the baronies of Ibrickan and Corcomroe was advertised for sale. In the 1870s Charles P. Bolton of Paulet, Salthill, Galway, owned 1,257 acres in county Clare.