Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
At the time of Griffith’s Valuation James F. Bland was leasing a property valued at £29 at Derryquin, from the Guinness estate. Lewis, in 1837, and Leet, in 1814, record the house as the seat of Francis C. Bland . The property was eventually sold by the Blands to the Warden family. In 1906 it was owned by Col. Charles W. Warden and valued at £70. The Wardens resided there until it was burnt in 1922. It was located in the grounds of what is now the Parknasilla Hotel but the ruins were demolished in 1969. See www.parknasillahotel.ie for e-book on the history of this property.
V713641 Discovery map #84. OS Sheet #100.
James F. Bland was leasing a house valued at £7 to Rev. Arthur Watson at the time of Griffith’s Valuation. In 1906 Col. Charles W. Warden owned a property at Drimnamore, valued at £3 10s. It is still extant.
|Drimnamore||Kilcrohane||Kenmare||Sneem 52||Dunkerron South||Kerry||
V698658 Discovery map #84. OS Sheet #100.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links