Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
This was the home of the Brady family from the mid 18th century. In 1837 Reverend Thomas B. Brady occupied the house. By the time of Griffith's Valuation William Moreland was in possession and the house, offices and mill valued at £4.10 shillings were leased to Patrick Flynn. In 1906 buildings at Raheen ,which included a mansion house and 401 acres of untenanted land belonging to Robert W. Moreland, were valued at £37. In 1908 the property was bought by S.R. MacLysaght of Mallow, father of Dr Edward MacLysaght, genealogist. The Irish Tourist Association Survey file refers to Raheen Hospital beautifully situated amid a large forest on the shores of Lough Derg. The house no longer exists.
|Raheen||Tomgraney||Scarriff||Scarriff 136||Tulla Upper||Clare||
R658 831 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #29.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links