Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Tooreen, located just south of the town of Croom, was the residence of James D. Lyons in 1814 and 1837. By the early 1850s this house, then known as Islandmore, was occupied by Robert Maxwell, valued at £60 and held from Miss Catherine Giles. It later became the home of the Kelly family and Slater refers to it as the seat of John Roche-Kelly in 1894. Colonel Basil Roche Kelly was resident at the time of the Irish Tourist Association survey of 1943. The surveyor wrote that the house was originally Georgian but had suffered many alterations.
R518 401 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #30.
Ballyglass House (Clanwilliam)
Lewis records Mrs Slattery as resident at Ballyglass in 1837. In 1840 The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to it as a house "in good repair, the residence of John Burke". It is recorded under both Clonpet and Cordangan parishes. By the mid 19th century it was the home of Thomas Mulcahy. The house was valued at £18.10 shillings and was held from Robert Maxwell. Buildings still exist at this location.
|Ballyglass Upper||Clonpet||Tipperary||Tipperary Rural 169||Clanwilliam||Tipperary||
R887 323 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #67.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links