Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
This house was originally the home of a branch of the Burke family. In the late 18th century it passed into the possession of the Lucas family who continued to reside there until the mid 19th century. C. and B. Lucas were in occupation in 1814 and Lewis records Lough Burke as the ancient seat of the Burke family ''now occupied by the Lucas family''. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the house was valued at £1 and James Casey was the tenant holding from the Woodwards.
R234 780 Discovery map #57. OS Sheet #32.
Occupied by John Burke in 1814, by Captain Wickham in 1837 and by Benjamin Lucas in the early 1850s. The buildings were valued at £14 and the property held from John Lucas.
R704 540 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #14.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links