Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Wilson refers to "Fyrmont" as the seat of George Leake in 1786. In 1837 Lewis recorded this house as the seat of W. Sandes. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, the representatives of Lord Hallyburton's estate were leasing this property to William Sandes, whom Bary describes as the most "fair-minded" of the Sandes family and a noted horseman. The house was valued at £13 10s at the time. Prymount was included in the sale of the Gun Mahony estate in 1856 when William Sandes was recorded as the tenant from year to year. It later passed to the Sandes of Swallowglen and was subsequently demolished.
R043472 Discovery map #64. OS Sheet #3.
Leslie Lodge or Shanaway
Pierce Mahony was leasing this property to James Patterson at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £12. Wilson refers to it as a seat of Robert Leslie in 1786. In 1814 Leet refers to Leslie Lodge as the residence of John Parker. Lewis, in 1837, records the purchase of the property by Col. D.G. Halliburton In 1856, it is included in the sale of the estate of George Phillip Gun Mahony, a minor, when it is described as untenanted. In 1906, Stephen Collis owned a property at Shanaway East, valued at £6. It is no longer extant.
|Shanaway East||Kilnaughton||Listowel||Tarmon 128||Iraghticonnor||Kerry||
R075455 Discovery map #64. OS Sheet #3.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links