Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Ross House was built by Lewis O'Donel, a son of Lewis O'Donel of Killeen, Crossmolina, county Mayo and a first cousin of the first Sir Neal O'Donel, baronet. The house was inhabited by Captain and Mrs William Houstoun at the time of Griffith's Valuation. They later moved to Doolough and Delphi in the barony of Murrisk. The house was purchased by Middleton O'Malley about 1880 and Slater records it as his residence in 1894. It is now the home of Mrs Meike Blackwell, whose mother-in-law was an O'Malley.
|Rosbeg||Burrishoole||Newport||Newport East 149||Burrishoole||Mayo||
L961 910 Discovery map #31. OS Sheet #76.
Newcastle was the home of Andrew Clarke O'Malley, son of George O'Malley of Spencer Park. Following the death of Andrew's son, Owen Bingham Manners O'Malley, in 1886, Newcastle became the property of his sister, Elizabeth Brewster. Count Manus O'Donel, a Major General in the Austrian Service, lived at Newcastle in the late 18th century. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as the seat of General O'Donnell. Occupied by David Ruttledge in 1814 and by Jacob Beckett at the beginning of the 20th century. Only a portion of the original building is now extant.
M319 971 Discovery map #31. OS Sheet #71.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links