Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A home of the Drew family from the mid 18th century, occupied by Ringrose Drew in 1814 and by Francis Drew in 1837. Bought by Michael Skehan in the Encumbered Estates Court, he is recorded as being resident at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when the house was valued at over £22. Drewsborough, or Victoria Park as it was then known, was sold to William Scanlon in 1869. In 1899 it was bought by John O'Brien, grandfather of Edna O'Brien, the author. The original house was burnt in June 1921. A modern bungalow has been built on part of the site and the O'Brien home is closeby. Some farm buildings and an underground cellar still remain.
|Drewsborough||Tomgraney||Scarriff||Scarriff 136||Tulla Upper||Clare||
R634 835 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #28.
A house on the Molony estate, occupied by William Scanlan in the 1850s. The house is now divided into two residences.
|Bunavory||Tulla||Tulla||Tulla 154||Tulla Upper||Clare||
R481 804 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #35.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links