Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Richard Norris was leasing this property to Rev. John Fitzgerald Day at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £27. Lewis mentions Nohaval House, as the seat of Rev, Fitzgerald, which seems to be the same property. Bary quotes O'Donovan who indicated that this house belonged to the Norris family. She indicates that the house later passed to Fitzgerald-Lombards and Hicksons. It was sold in the early twentieth century and is still extant and occupied.
Q954112 Discovery map #71. OS Sheet #39.
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Richard Norris was leasing this property to John Millward (senior), when it was valued at £6. In 1814 Leet noted John Hartnett as resident at Ballyegan. Bary indicates that the Millwards occupied this property until well into the twentieth century though they moved to a different house. The original house was demolished to make way for a quarry.
Q955116 Discovery map #71. OS Sheet #39.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links