Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Belvoir was an early 19th century house on the same site as an earlier building. It was the home of the Wilson family, valued at £32 in the mid 19th century. The house was burnt in 1888 when leased by the Wilson Lynches to Lady Loftus. It was not rebuilt though recorded as the seat of Maj. Wilson Lynch in 1894. Members of the Wilson Lynch family continued to live in the remaining wing until the mid 20th century. It is now a ruin.
|Belvoir||Clonlea||Limerick||Castlecrine 115||Tulla Lower||Clare||
R507 708 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #43.
Feenagh House is described as "in ruins" on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map and has almost disappeared by the publication of the 25-inch edition in the 1890s. In 1786 Wilson refers to "Fenagh House" as the seat of Mr. Wilson. By the time of Griffith's Valuation, the townland in which it was situated was the subject of Court of Chancery proceedings. Some fragments of the walls are still visible.
|Feenagh||Feenagh||Ennis||Sixmilebridge 42||Bunratty Lower||Clare||
R449661 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #51.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links