Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A Macnamara castle until the early 19th century, it was sold to the Scotts of Cahircon in 1800. In the possession of William Scott by 1837. Lewis writes that the castle formerly belonged to the Macnamaras of Moyriesk and that it "is one of few ancient castles still inhabited". Weir writes that a ten bay residence was added to the tower house in the early 19th century. The sale rental of 1854 records George Sampson as tenant and that £8,000 had recently been spent on the building. By the mid 19th century Lord Dunboyne held the Castle valued at £36 in fee. In the mid 1960s the Castle was developed as a banqueting centre for tourists and continues to function in this role today. http://www.gardensireland.com/knappogue-castle.html
|Knopoge||Quin||Tulla||Quin 145||Bunratty Upper||Clare||
R439 717 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #42.
The seat of Lord Dunboyne in 1837 and in the mid 19th century of James Crotty who held it from Lord Dunboyne when the buildings were valued at £3. The house is still occupied.
|Ballyvannan||Tomgraney||Scarriff||Caherhurley 119||Tulla Upper||Clare||
R627 820 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #28.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links