Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A Blood Smyth property from the late 18th century, sold by the Blood Smyth to the Bloods of Ballykilty in the early 20th century. This house was occupied by Daniel Powell in 1814 but the Blood Smyths were in residence in the 1830s and 1850s. They appear to have held the property from Ralph Westropp. The mansion house of Castlefergus was in the possession of Reverend William Blood Smith in 1906. The Irish Tourist Association Survey File records that the house was demolished by the Irish Land Commission. Local sources suggest that it was damaged by fire during the War of Independence.
|Castlefergus||Doora||Ennis||Doora 32||Bunratty Upper||Clare||
R387 725 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #42.
A McMahon residence in the 1730s, In 1786 Wilson notes it as the seat of Mr. McMahon. Weir writes that the lease of Ballykilty was purchased by John Blood in 1785. Occupied by Robert Young in 1814 and by John Blood in 1837 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He held the property from William Monsell. The front of the house was replaced following a fire in the 19th century. Functioned as a hotel in the latter part of the 20th century and now the site of a major hotel development.
|Ballykilty||Quin||Tulla||Quin 145||Bunratty Upper||Clare||
R411 732 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #42.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links