Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The home of the Hewitt family on the Moloney estate. Mr Tim Donoghoe was the occupier in 1814 The old house is now largely demolished and a new house has been erected on the site. The house valued at £12 was held by Thomas Hewitt from Croasdaile Moloney in the mid 19th century.
|Granaghan More||Tomfinlough||Ennis||Tomfinlough 43||Bunratty Lower||Clare||
R427 693 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #42.
The seat of the Waller family in the 18th and first half of the 19th century, occupied by Richard Waller in 1814 and in 1837. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books reported that is was then uninhabited. Thomas Mullowney [possibly the youngest son of Croasddaile Molony] was the occupant at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the buildings were valued at £17. Castle Waller was occupied for sometime in the 1850s by William de Rythre who married Blanche Waller. In the 1870s Michael Moloney of Castle Waller owned 5 acres. The building was in ruins by the early 20th century.
|Castlewaller||Kilnarath||Nenagh||Kilnarath 95||Owney and Arra||Tipperary||
R760 625 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #37.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links