Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A late 19th century house incorporating the earlier Bourchier home. Major General John Bourchier married Mary, daughter of Thomas Macnamara of Ardcloony in the mid 18th century and inherited the property. By the time of Griffith's Valuation the house belonged to Francis C. Fitzgerald who held the property in fee. It was valued at £20. Edmond Fitzgerald of Ardcloony owned 214 acres in county Clare in the 1870s. John Connell Fitzgerald was resident in 1906. A house is still extant at the site.
|Ardcloony||Killaloe||Limerick||O'Briensbridge 111||Tulla Lower||Clare||
R677 692 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #45.
Elm Hill House
A home of the Bourchier family in the 18th century. The Bourchiers intermarried with the Massys. The house was located on the Massy estate. Mrs Davis was resident at Elm Hill in 1837 and Joseph Wallplate in the mid 1850s when the house was valued at £12. The home of the Heffernan family in the latter part of the 19th century. The house is still occupied.
|Rineroe||Kiltenanlea||Limerick||Kiltenanlea 109||Tulla Lower||Clare||
R635 626 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #53.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links