Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Mount Eagle Lodge
Major Fairfield was the owner of Mount Eagle at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £10 15s. Bary writes that it was built by him in 1830 and Lewis recorded it as his residence in 1837.The Ordnance Survey Name Books describe it as "a handsome cottage". It was most frequently used as a hunting lodge. Later in the nineteenth century it was the property of Colonel Drummond and resided in by his agent, Mr. Black. In 1906 it was owned by Charles Drummond and valued at £12. The property was eventually sold to the Forestry service in the mid-twentieth century when the house was demolished.
R114126 Discovery map #72. OS Sheet #32.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links