Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Hamilton Jackson held what was described as a steward's house from Colonel George Wyndham at the time of Griffith's Valuation. It was valued at £14. Weir also describes a house known as Clare Cottage in Athlunkard.
|Athlunkard||St Patricks||Limerick||Ballyglass 113||Bunratty Lower||Clare||
R593 593 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #63.
An 18th century house which was the home of the Jackson family. Henry Lee is recorded as resident at Fannings-town in 1814. This house was demolished and a battlemented building was erected in the bawn of the old medieval castle by Hamilton L. Jackson in the 1850s and offered for sale in 1860. Bought by David Vandeleur Roche of nearby Carass in the 1860s. Occupied by James Fitzgerald Bannatyne in 1906 who held the mansion house valued at £31+ and 359 acres of untenated land. The castle now provides self catering accommodation and can be hired as a venue for functions such as weddings. http://www.fanningstowncastle.com/index.htm
R499 443 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #21.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links