Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Flesk (Glenflesk) Castle
Daniel C. Coltsmann was in possession of Flesk Castle at the time of Griffith’s Valuation when it was valued at £50. Lewis records it as the seat of J. Coltsmann in 1837. Bary states that the house was also known locally as Glenflesk Castle or Coltsmann’s Castle. It was built in the early decades of the 19th century and continued in the Coltsmann family and their descendents until the early 20th century when it was sold to Major John McGillycuddy. In 1943 the Irish Tourist Association survey noted that "its tall fantastic turrets dominate the countryside". It was then in the possession of Anthony McGillycuddy. It had become ruinous by the end of the 20th century although there were some indications that it might be restored.
|Dromhumper||Killarney||Killarney||Killarney Rural 67||Magunihy||Kerry||
V989899 Discovery map #78. OS Sheet #67.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links