Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Occupied in the 18th century by the Crofts, England and Maguire families. The residence of David A. England in 1814 and of Charles Mahon in 1837. Griffith's Valuation shows that he held it from John Clancy. By the end of the 1860s Wainwright Crowe was in residence. Cahircalla Hospital now occupies the site, incorporating some of the earlier buildings.
|Cahircalla More||Drumcliff||Ennis||Ennis Rural 26||Islands||Clare||
R323 762 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #33.
Weir writes that in 1722 Francis Gore leased Lifford to Richard England. Patrick England was High Sheriff of the county in 1749. In 1786 Wilson refers to Lifford as the seat of Mr. England. By the early 19th century the Right Honourable Matthias Finucane was resident at Lifford House. Honoria Slattery, the common law wife, of Andrew Finucane, son of Matthias, occupied the house at the time of Griffith's Valuation. It was valued at £20 and was held from Sir Richard England. Weir writes that the house was demolished in 1965.
|Lifford||Drumcliff||Ennis||Ennis Rural 26||Islands||Clare||
R342 786 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #33.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links