Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Thomas Stoughton was leasing this property, valued at £10 15s, to John Fitzgerald at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In 1840, the Ordnance Survey Field Name Books indicated that it was the residence of Rev. George Hickson but had been built by John Hayes at the end of the eighteenth century. It seems to have become a Fitzgerald property later on. In 1894 Slater referred to it as the seat of John Francis Fitzgerald. The Fitzgerald family continued to reside there until the 1930s. The house is still extant. Adjacent to Kineigh House a site labelled "Donnall O'Sulivan's House (site of)" appears on both the 1st and 25-inch edition Ordnance Survey maps.
V493702 Discovery map #83. OS Sheet #88.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links