Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
James O'Connell was in possession of this property, valued at £10 15s, at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when the house was vacant. In 1837 Lewis notes Ahadda as the seat of Rev. Mahony. Leet refers to Richard Mahony residing at Portmagee in 1814. Bary states that the house was built by the Mahonys who resided there in the early nineteenth century. It seems to have become the home of Charles O'Connell, son-in-law of Daniel O'Connell, for a time in the 1850s. Later it was occupied by members of the Spotswood family of Valentia. It is now a ruin.
V412740 Discovery map #83. OS Sheet #88.
John Spottiswoode was leasing this property from the Knight of Kerry's estate at the time of Griffith's Valuaton, when it was valued at almost £4. Lewis refers to it as the seat of Capt. Spotswood in 1837. The 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s labels the property as "in ruins". In 1906 a property of the same valuation at Coarhamore nearby was owned by the Congested Districts Board. It is no longer extant.
|Coarha Beg||Valencia||Cahersiveen||Valencia 22||Iveragh||Kerry||
V358743 Discovery map #83. OS Sheet #67.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links