Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Lewis records that Dr. Taylor was occupying a property adjacent to the ruined castle at Dunkerron in 1837. In 1814, Leet refers to Dunkerrin Castle as the seat of George Cashell. At the time of Griffith’s Valuation, Joseph Taylor was leasing a property there valued at £16 15s from Deane Freeman. Bary states that Joseph Taylor was an agent for the Landsdowne estate. The Taylor property then passed to Dr. Thomas Taylor who built Dunkerron House. In 1906 this was the property of Sir John C. Columb and valued at £22. The property is still extant but extensive housing development has taken place in the demesne.
|Dunkerron||Templenoe||Kenmare||Reen 45||Dunkerron South||Kerry||
V883704 Discovery map #78. OS Sheet #92.
Adrian Taylor was leasing a property valued at £15 15s from John Croker at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Lewis notes it as the seat of R.E. Orpen in 1837. In 1814 Leet records the house as the seat of Edward Orpen. In 1851 the property was included in the sale of the Croker estate in the Encumbered Estates Court when Adrian Taylor was the occupier. It remained a residence of the Taylor family until the 1950s. Cloontoo is still extant and occupied.
V974729 Discovery map #78. OS Sheet #93.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links