Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
This house was the home of the Burton family on the shore of Inchiquin Lough in the late 18th and 19th centuries. Wilson refers to it as the seat of Edward W. Burton in 1786. It was the residence of Lieutenant Colonel Marcus Patterson in the 1870s and in 1906. The house is still extant.
R266 892 Discovery map #57. OS Sheet #17.
A house on the Burton estate occupied by the Fitzgerald family and their descendants. The residence of Francis John Fitzgerald in 1814 and of F. and W. Fitzgerald in 1837. Valued at £30 at the time of Griffith's Valuation and occupied by Francis J. Fitzgerald, it passed by marriage to the Wilson-Fitzgerald family. This house was the home of Brian Blood in the mid 20th century. It is still extant.
R263 890 Discovery map #57. OS Sheet #17.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links