Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Ballyara or Ballyhara
The original Ballyara Castle was formerly associated with the O'Hara family. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Patrick Mullarkey was leasing a building valued at £3 at Ballyara, barony of Leyny, from the Ffolliott estate.
|Ballyara or Falduff||Achonry||Tobercurry||Tobercurry 84||Leyny||Sligo||
G501116 Discovery map #25. OS Sheet #37.
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Drummartin House was being leased by Joseph McCarthy, MD, from Caleb Digby. It was valued at £12. In the 1870s it is recorded as the address of Mrs. Mullarkey. The sale notice of June 1885 indicates that it was a modern house erected at a cost of over £2000 and the main tenant was William Evans.
G440131 Discovery map #24. OS Sheet #37, 31.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links