Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Johnston states that Bloomfield was once part of the Phibbs estate before passing into the ownership of the Martins of Cleaveragh. In 1814 it was occupied by William White. James Martin owned the property at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at almost £6 and leased to Joseph Robinson. It remained in the Robinson family until the twentieth century and was demolished in 1948.
G771258 Discovery map #25. OS Sheet #27.
Spotfield appears to have been the property of the Phibbs family in the 19th century but in the 18th century may have been occupied by the White family who had intermarried with the Phibbs. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, it was leased by John Phibbs to Eccles Phibbs. The house was then valued at almost £4. McTernan notes that the house was demolished in the latter part of the twentieth century.
G686215 Discovery map #25. OS Sheet #26.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links