Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Edward Cooper owned a property at Rosses Upper, barony of Carbury, valued at £16. In 1906 the representatives of William Middleton held a property here valued at £18 as well as over 350 acres of untenanted land. The property also has associations with W.B. Yeats who used to spend holidays here with the Middleton family. The house is now a ruin.
|Rosses Upper||Drumcliff||Sligo||Drumcliff East||Carbury||Sligo||
G630398 Discovery map #16. OS Sheet #8.
McTernan indicates that this house was originally owned by Robert Culbertson, mill owner of Ballysadare. His property was purchased in the Landed Estates Court in the 1860s by Messers. Middleton and Pollexfen and became a regular residence of Wiliam Middleton. It is still extant and occupied.
G668292 Discovery map #25. OS Sheet #20.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links